A strategic vision
To achieve Forestami’s goals and counteract the effects of climate change starting from the Metropolitan City of Milan, a mapping of potential areas was carried out, in order to be able to intervene in a precise and effective manner in the urban forestation of the metropolitan area.
- → increasing green and pervious areas;
- → increasing the share of green roofs by 90%;
- → by reclaiming abandoned and polluted soils through phytoremediation;
- → promoting the transformation of school, university and hospital courtyards, courtyards, private gardens and urban voids into green oases;
- → promoting the creation of urban gardens and enhancing urban agriculture;
- → creating a network of green and blue corridors to connect parks, forests, agriculture and green architecture;
- → creating an orbital forest in the metropolitan city;
- → promoting the demineralization of paved surfaces and compensation policies on land consumption and for projects with an impact on the environment;
- → strengthening green public parks.
The scenarios were developed starting from the categories of urban and peri-urban forestry identified by FAO – Forestry Department.